Self-Care during a Sour Spring
Take advantage of a rainy, or this year cold and snowy, spring day to reset and spend time on yourself!
What is self-care?
- Anything you do to take care of yourself so you can stay physically, mentally, and emotionally well.
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself.
Why is self-care important?
- Engaging in self-care has been clinically proven to reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression, reduce stress, improve concentration, minimize frustration and anger, increase happiness, improve energy, and more.
It’s no secret that self-care helps maintain our well-being and mental health, so check out some of my favorite self-care ideas for a rainy day!
- Have a warm cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Be your own barista and make it at home or camp out at your favorite coffee shop and enjoy!
- Start that book you’ve been wanting to read.
- Call or text a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in a while and catch up.
- Search for a yoga practice or guided meditation on YouTube – maybe even light some candles for a calming ambiance! RCW offers yoga 3 times a week!
- Start a new show or watch a movie.
- Play a board game with someone or do a puzzle (with someone or by yourself!)
- Cook a comforting, homemade meal like soup or cheesy potatoes.
- Curl up on the couch and take a nap – don’t set an alarm if you’re able to!
- Bake some cookies, pre-made or from scratch!
- Relax with music and a face mask.
- Make a charcuterie board to snack on throughout the day.
- Do some online shopping and treat yourself!
- Rearrange furniture or declutter a room to refresh your environment.
- Do some laundry – after folding warm clothes fresh out of the dryer you might be ready for that nap!
- Go for a walk if it’s not raining (or too cold) and enjoy the fresh air.